Why Get InvolvedVolunteers are crucial to the success of our agency. In fact, each year SACDC relies upon its nearly 300 volunteers to bring help, healing and hope to almost 8,000 patients. With so much need in our community, there is a need for nearly every kind of skill!
Ways To Get InvolvedSome examples of the kind of support we need
- Dental Staff: Dentists, Hygienists, RDAs, sterilization and laboratory technicians
- Administrative Volunteers: Office receptionists, record maintenance, database entry
- Development and Marketing: Graphic designers, special events coordinators, fund-raising, social media champions, and business administration
* San Antonio Christian Dental Clinic exclusively serves low-income and homeless Bexar County adults. As such, our volunteer policy does not permit anyone under the age of 12 to volunteer and those 12-17 must be accompanied by an adult. We recommend a ratio of one adult to six minors. Items indicated with an asterisk are multi-generational volunteer opportunities. All others require volunteer(s) to be at least 18 years of age.
For more information contact: Lisa Ayres at email@example.com or at 210-220-2304
2. Annual community clinics – we host three community clinics, one in the spring “Spring Clean” and two each fall, “Smiles of Hope” and “Serving Our Heroes”. We may need volunteers to help with the following tasks. We serve breakfast and lunch to our volunteers:*
– Set up volunteer break room
– Serve food
– Clean up at end of day
– Donate cupcakes/serve water and cupcakes to patients
3. Dental Assistant Training Program graduation – each year, we hold graduation ceremonies at First Presbyterian Church for participants completing the dental assistant training program in the prior year. We need volunteers to help with the following tasks: *
– Set up/decorate
– Hand out programs
– Serve punch
– Serve cake
5. Administrative volunteers – entry of patient data in Practice Management System; patient check- out/appointments; patient calls for appointment verification
6. Clinical volunteers – dentists, dental hygienists and dental assistants licensed to practice in the State of Texas. There are opportunities for dentists and dental hygienists to see our patients in their own offices.
7. Development volunteers – assist with fundraising campaigns, marketing, social media, graphics development, and grant writing.
8. Service project for those under 12 years old: Hold a dental hygiene product drive among your family and friends. We are in need of new toothpaste, toothbrushes, and floss.