Why Get Involved
Ways To Get Involved
- Dental Staff: Dentists, Hygienists, RDAs, sterilization and laboratory technicians
- Administrative Volunteers: Office receptionists, record maintenance, database entry
- Development and Marketing: Graphic designers, special events coordinators, fund-raising, social media champions, and business administration
For more information contact us at email@example.com
1. Hygiene kits – Pack gauze, create hygiene kits, create denture kits and clean laminated patient registration forms for reuse*
2. Annual community clinics – we host three community clinics, one in the spring “Spring Clean” and two each fall, “Smiles of Hope” and “Serving Our Heroes”. We may need volunteers to help with the following tasks. We serve breakfast and lunch to our volunteers:*
– Set up volunteer break room
– Serve food
– Clean up at end of day
– Donate cupcakes/serve water and cupcakes to patients
3. Dental Assistant Training Program graduation – each year, we hold graduation ceremonies at First Presbyterian Church for participants completing the dental assistant training program in the prior year. We need volunteers to help with the following tasks: *
– Set up/decorate
– Hand out programs
– Serve punch
– Serve cake
4. Rotating art show for patient lobby – we would love for the children from each of our missions partners to create art for the patient lobby wall.*
5. Administrative volunteers – entry of patient data in Practice Management System; patient check- out/appointments; patient calls for appointment verification
6. Clinical volunteers – dentists, dental hygienists and dental assistants licensed to practice in the State of Texas. There are opportunities for dentists and dental hygienists to see our patients in their own offices.
7. Development volunteers – assist with fundraising campaigns, marketing, social media, graphics development, and grant writing.
8. Service project for those under 12 years old: Hold a dental hygiene product drive among your family and friends. We are in need of new toothpaste, toothbrushes, and floss.